The tooth fairy first appeared in pop culture in the United States in the early 1900s, and never left the list of favorite famous visitors. Amongst her gifts, money is often left under a pillowcase in exchange for one healthy tooth (cha-ching!)...
Kids brushing teeth bring more than pearly whites; it brings the tooth fairy in for all sorts of treats and tips.
The tooth fairy first appeared in pop culture in the United States in the early 1900s, and never left the list of favorite famous visitors. Amongst her gifts, money is often left under a pillowcase in exchange for one healthy tooth (cha-ching!).
The key to more fairy visits? Healthier teeth! Maintaining good oral hygiene keeps the mouth development on track. This extends to the proper timing for tooth loss and growth, which are both important in keeping child development on track.
It isn’t always easy to convince kids of the benefits of teeth brushing, which is why we are happy to share fun dental tips direct from the fairy herself:
- Tooth brushing gets extra points if fun is had while doing it. This means singing songs, dancing, and anything else that might impress a fairy.
- Floss. Since the tooth fairy absolutely hates germs, it’s really important to get off all possible germs. Sometimes brushing doesn’t get all the bad guys, so flossing can help clean out all the nooks and crannies.
- Healthy foods make teeth stronger and brighter. The tooth fairy will always notice their condition, and she likes to collect healthy teeth best of all. Additionally, if she knows a child is practicing good health habits, she knows they can be trusted with new, permanent teeth. She’ll put in a good word up top.
- Smiling is the most important. The tooth fairy is one of those people who loves her job, so she wants everyone else to love it, too. The more you show off your smile, the more she’ll be waiting to visit.
- The tooth fairy knows all dentists, personally. This means the more you go in to visit the dentist, the more good words she’ll get about you. Go in for as many cleanings as possible!
Pro tip: it doesn’t hurt to remind them of potential prizes left in exchange for healthy, lost teeth.
Don’t hesitate to be imaginative when it comes to encouraging healthy oral habits in the house. Try a teeth brushing chart for kids and maybe incite a little competition with chore relief for a reward.
For the best child dental care and most reliable Miami dentist, come into Gables Sedation Dentistry. Keep your child’s oral hygiene top priority and make sure there are many visits on the way from the tooth fairy this year!