For so many reasons, we opt for cosmetic dental care. Remedying our mouths makes a massive impact on our demeanors, our confidence and our pride in how we look...
For so many reasons, we opt for cosmetic dental care. Remedying our mouths makes a massive impact on our demeanors, our confidence and our pride in how we look. It can help how we interact with friends, with co-workers, with potential bosses and business partners.
A Miami cosmetic dentist usually performs elective procedures that only supplement current health; it is not common that a cosmetic procedure is used to correct any state of oral affairs. Cosmetic procedures tend to be pretty simple, too.
There are many types of cosmetic dentistry procedures. Let’s take a look at five of the most common.
- Inlays and Onlays– Also known as indirect fillings, which are made by a dental lab and used to remedy a tooth that has only partial decay. They can also be used if a tooth does not have sufficient structure to support a traditional filling. The dentist places the inlay directly onto the tooth’s surface as long as there is no significant damage to the surface of the tooth. The types are filling required adhesive cement to stay attached to the tooth, and offer incredible strength to the tooth, which helps restore lost shape.
- Composite bonding– Composite bonding uses a material that matches the color of tooth enamel. The dentist has to first drill out any decay in the tooth. Then, using the composite, they sculpt the right shape for the material along the surface of the tooth. A high-intensity light is used to make the filling stay. This work is known more generally as bonding, and it is a very common procedure. All tooth damage gets covered, a new healthy tooth emerging and most favorably, the procedure is one of the most affordable.
- Dental veneers– You have probably at least heard about veneers. They are like big, white porcelain teeth that we can to call our own. That is not the purpose of all veneers though. In fact, veneers are commonly used to resemble moderate, natural looking teeth. Veneers are made out of medical-grade ceramic and can be designed, colored and shaped to match the patient’s existing natural teeth. A dental adhesive is used to attach the veneer to the front of each tooth.
- Teeth whitening– if you have not yet whitened your teeth, you have probably at least thought about it. Dental whitening has become one of the most common and affordable cosmetic procedures. Teeth become stained over time by natural causes. Certain drinks and foods can leave stains and certain oral habits can make our teeth less likely to fight against particles that want to stick to the surface of our teeth. Whitening can be done in the office, but many patients opt for kits to labor on their own at home. Some products have instant results, and others take four to six weeks to produce whiter shades of teeth. Make sure you talk to your dentist before doing any DIY whitening. Everybody’s teeth are different, so there might be a particular approach that is best for you.
- Implants– if you have ever lost a tooth, you know the pain of hating to smile. Implants banish that insecurity from our reality by replacing lost teeth. A small titanium tool screws into the jaw where the tooth is missing and sets the foundation for a crown. Once bone and tissue near the implant grow, the implant is securely permanently. Implants typically blend in seamlessly with surrounding teeth.
Whether you are looking for dental implants in Miami, Gables Family Dentistry is the right team for the job. Trust our staff with your most coveted dreams for your smile.